Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Delivery Day!!




warning: graphic.....I just think this is the coolest... I wish I would've been able to see it all... We asked the doctor is we could take pictures, they said we had to wait until she was out.... the picture below Olivia is literally a few seconds old....



My arms were numb and I was afraid I would drop her, but how could we miss this photo opportunity!

This had been a rough day... obviously! We got to the hospital at 6:45 am for a scheduled induction, after a long day of petocin and no dilation, I ended up having a c-section. It had never crossed my mind that I would need a c-section, I wasn't very happy about this.... I had a few moments of tears, but ultimately had to do what was in the best interest of my baby.. As the anesthesiologist was wheeling me into the operating room, I was lecturing him on how he was to do his job......as we entered the room, I mentioned "I better not feel a thing, or you are in big trouble", obviously I was playing around, but extremely serious!  :)  So they had to lift my huge limp body (since I had already had the epidural) from the bed to the operating table, that was really scary... looking around, seeing everyone masked up for surgery.  Dr. Monte said they were going to make the incision and tell him if I felt anything, I was so extremely grateful I was able to tell him that I didn't feel a thing.... the thoughts running through your head are scary enough... I kept thinking that I would hear her cry and that we would be done, but it was taking forever..... I guess I figured they do a quick incision and pull the baby out.... but it took about 20-25 minutes to get through all of the 8 layers they cut, for him to place my internal organs on my tummy, I was so happy to have Ryan there with me, talking to me, rubbing my face, I had a hard time breathing and I kept going in and out of consciousness... I was scared I would fall asleep and miss the birth..It was honestly the weirdest, worst feeling.....I nudged Ryan and told him to take pictures.... they told him he had to wait until the baby was officially out... finally the doctor said I would feel some tugging and the next thing I heard was my baby's first cry..... There is nothing that can describe the relief you feel when you hear that cute little cry.... Ryan was standing at my head snapping pictures, he looked down and had streams of tears running down his face..... At this point, it felt like an eternity before they brought her over so that I could see her... they were ready to rush her to the NICU, which is standard for c-section babies, I said don't I even get to see her?  So they brought her back to me..... I can't describe in words how beautiful this little baby was... she had tons of long black hair, she had this little teeny face with the cutest features....the nurse set her on my chest, I was scared that I would drop her... the anesthesiologist grabbed our camera and took a few pictures for us....Then they rushed Ryan and Olivia out of the room... they had to clean her up and run some tests.... In the meantime, they put me back together and before I knew it, they were wheeling me to my room... Waiting to greet me were my parents, Katie, Riley and Vicki...I couldn't wait to show her off!!!!! :)   

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! Sure have missed your posts! Olivia is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing story about her birth.

    ReplyDelete